From time-to-time, users may experience Stripe declining the addition of a card to a member record due to the “postcode/zipcode not matching”. By default, Stripe performs address verification (AVS) on every card that is added to Stripe via Quoox. Presently Stripe does this regardless of the security rule configured for your Stripe account.
Firstly, often this message is correct. The postcode/zipcode may be incorrect. Secondly, also check the first line of the address because in some countries this also forms part of the AVS check.
If the check continues to fail, there is a work-around. The workaround takes place within the Stripe dashboard:
- Log into your Stripe account.
- Select the customers section from the left-hand menu.
- In the customer listing find the customer, identified by their email address. Quoox will have already created the customer. You can apply a filter in Stripe to help you find the customer more easily.
- Click on the customer email address to open their record.
- Scroll down to the Payment Methods section of the page and click the Add Card button.
- Complete all of the card payment information including the address data in > More Options.
- Once saved to Stripe, you can then refresh the “Activities” tab in Quoox.
If you have added the card to the correct customer record, the card will display immediately against the member in Quoox. You should then be able to charge the card through Quoox without any issues.