The Holidays & Absences Tab is the place to record scheduled (and unscheduled) staff member absences.
Absences recorded here appear in the rota scheduler, and help you plan your staff shifts more easily.
For each absence, the following information is displayed:
- Start Date – The date/time at which the absence started/is scheduled to start
- End Date – The date/time at which the absence ends/is scheduled to end
- Absence Type – Holiday, sickness or another absence type that you may define
- Paid – Whether the absence is to be paid, or unpaid
- Approved – The date upon which the absence was approved, and by whom
Setting Standard Working Hours
When an hourly-paid employee has a paid absence, Quoox needs to know how many hours comprise an employee’s standard day. For example, if an employee is on holiday for 5-days, Quoox needs to know that the employee accrues 7.5hrs of pay per day absent.
To set the standard hours, provide a numeric (decimal) entry in the box at the top-right of the absence listing. Click Update to save the change.
Recording or Editing an Absence
To record a new absence, click the Add Absence button. Alternatively, for unprocessed actions you can click the button to edit it, or to delete it.
For each absence, provide:
- Start date – the date/time upon which the absence commenced/will commence
- End date – the date/time at which the absence ended/will end
- Absence type – select the appropriate absence type. This list can be customised to your needs
- Paid – tick to indicate that the absence is to be paid
- Approved – tick to indicate that the absence has been approved
Click to save the absence, or to cancel.