Some facilities may have their own existing exercise video library hosted on either Vimeo. Quoox provides an import function for pulling these videos into your Quoox Exercise library.
It should be noted that Vimeo has certain rules and restrictions regarding the access of their data. Quoox complies with these rules, and further information is provided below.
To be able to stream your exercise videos to members via the Quoox mobile app, it is necessary for Quoox to “host” your videos and deliver them via it’s own streaming network. Vimeo does not permit the streaming of their videos directly as (whilst technically possible) it violates their terms of business. The Quoox approach ensures compliance with all of the 3rd party provider rules, and safeguards your business from unexpected suspension of service.
Importing Exercise videos from Vimeo
Quoox provides a method for importing videos from your Vimeo account, in addition to the single import of as video as described here.
To commence the video import, select Import my videos from the Add/Edit Exercises drop-down button in the XRcize Exercise Library. You will be taken through a multi-step wizard process.
- Select your video source (Vimeo)
- Grant access to Quoox to your Vimeo account. This is necessary so that Quoox can access your video library on Vimeo.
- Select the playlist(s) from which you wish to import videos (see notes below).
- Quoox will fetch the video metadata from Vimeo, and will queue the videos for import into the Quoox streaming network.
A video demonstrating the import process is provided below.
Import rules and points to note
Please be aware of the following rules and methods:
- Quoox is only able to access videos that aren’t marked as private.
- You must have the rights to import the videos, and they must not contain nudity or any other potentially offensive content.
- The process of looping through the video data may several seconds per video. You should wait until the process is complete, and not interrupt it.
- Quoox will attempt to de-duplicate videos of the same ID during import.
- Videos are imported and converted in a background process. A large import may take several minutes to process, and each video is processed in the order in which it is queued.
- For Vimeo, the import is performed by pulling videos from one or more folders – or “all videos”. Select the folder(s) that you wish to import.
Due to changes to YouTube’s terms & conditions, we are no longer able to offer import of videos from YouTube.