Using a DOCX Word document as part of a form/questionnaire is a very powerful feature, that allows you to create automated, filled documents for approval by your members.
The document you upload must be less than 5Mb in size, and must be a valid Microsoft Word DOCX file (although it doesn’t have to originate from Microsoft Word). The document must exclude any external links, or any password protections.
At this stage, Quoox only supports the native fonts supported by Adobe Acrobat, which comprise:
You should avoid using custom fonts in your DOCX. Unrecognised fonts will be displayed as the default font (Helvetica).
You may use a sub-set of the Quoox member fill-in fields within your DOCX file. These will be replaced with the corresponding data by Quoox during conversion to a PDF file.
Additional, dynamic, fill-in fields are available for each proceeding answer in the same form/questionnaire. These may be inserted into your document as [[ANSWERn]] where n is the number of the corresponding question. E.g. if you want to insert the answer from question 3, you would use [[ANSWER3]] in your DOCX file.
The member fields available for your use are:
- [[MEMBER.FIRSTNAME]] – The member’s first name
- [[MEMBER.MIDDLENAMES]] – The member’s middle name(s)
- [[MEMBER.LASTNAME]] – The member’s last name (surname)
- [[MEMBER.KNOWNASNAME]] – The member’s “known-as” name (nickname)
- [[MEMBER.PREVIOUSNAMES]] – The member’s previous name(s)
- [[MEMBER.EMAIL]] – The member’s email address (as recorded on their record vs. comms email)
- [[MEMBER.MOBILE]] – The member’s mobile number (as recorded on their record vs. comms mobile)
- [[MEMBER.HOMEADDRESS1]] – The first line of the member’s home address
- [[MEMBER.HOMEADDRESS2]] – The second line of the member’s home address
- [[MEMBER.HOMEADDRESS3]] – The third line of the member’s home address
- [[MEMBER.HOMECITY]] – The city element of the member’s home address
- [[MEMBER.HOMECOUNTY]] – The county/state element of the member’s home address
- [[MEMBER.HOMEPOSTCODE]] – The postcode/zipcode element of the member’s home address
- [[MEMBER.EMERGENCYCONTACT]] – The member’s emergency contact
- [[MEMBER.EMERGENCYPHONE]] – The member’s emergency contact phone number
- [[MEMBER.EMERGENCYRELATIONSHIP]] – The member’s emergency contact relationship
- [[MEMBER.ADDRESSLINE]] – The member’s address formatted as a single line
- [[MEMBER.COMMSEMAIL]] – The communication email address for the member (this may be a family member)
- [[MEMBER.COMMSMOBILE]] – The communication mobile number for the member (this may be a family member)
- [[MEMBER.FUNDINGMEMBERNAME]] – The name of the member funding the given member (if applicable)
Additional fields are also provided for:
- [[SHORTDATE]] – The date at the point of document generation in your locale short form.
- [[LONGDATE]] – The date at the point of document generation in your locale long form.
- [[REFERENCE]] – A unique reference generated by Quoox to identify the specific form completion.